Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meet Our Pastry Chef - Susan Hodges


"For me, creating a beautiful cake for your wedding, someone’s birthday, or for other special occasions, is a joy and an honor! And working with Trumps Catering is a pleasure!

Although I came to the pastry arts relatively recently, I feel I have come full circle, with my early background and work experience in fine arts, graphic design and calligraphy all coming into play.

Of all the various kinds of work I have done in my life, I can honestly say that this is the best and most enjoyable! I get satisfaction from every step, from mixing and baking the cake layers, making perfect butter cream and fillings, and constructing the cake, to the decorating itself. I especially love planning and creating a new design to meet a bride’s special dream or to fit an unusual occasion! Sugar flowers, sculptured shape, intricate piping, or classically simple and elegant – bring it on!"

Susan has been making beautiful cakes for Trumps Catering for 7 years. Her work is impeccable and her attitude is so positive toward even the toughest challenge. She is a real pleasure to have as part of Trumps family. Here's a few samples of her amazing work. You can see more of her work on our website and on our Facebook page.












No comments:

Post a Comment